What to expect
What happens when I call 310-Open?
- When you call in you can expect to have a trained mental health and addictions professional who will help you to determine where to go to get help for their concerns
- The worker who answers the call will assess the client’s needs or concerns over the phone in order to develop a personalized plan and next steps
- Some calls will be resolved over the phone, others will be referred to another appropriate agency
- Some clients will be asked to come in for a follow-up with a professional
- Each caller is unique, and it is the client who determines their own concerns and reason for calling
Feel like you’re in a crisis? Uncertain where to go to get help with your goals and concerns? Our professionals at OpenLine can help.
What do people call about?
There are a number of issues which people call the service
Issues range from:
- Family and interpersonal problems
- Mental health concerns
- Social service problems
- Concerns with housing
- Financial problems and more
For Medical Professionals
Service providers such as family doctors or other mental health professionals who need further direction for client care or information about referrals also use our services and are welcome to call the OpenLine OpenMind team.
Our Counsellors Have Advanced Training
We have a diverse multidisciplinary team of 16 counsellors who have advanced training in mental health including Masters of Counselling Psychology, Nursing, and Masters of Social Work.